Good news. You can now pay your travel taxes online . Good bye, long queues at the airport. This new service saves us the the hassle of having to stand in line at the airport just to pay travel taxes . Sometimes the line is so long. The Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA), created by virtue of Republic Act No. 9593 or the Tourism Act of 2009 on May 12, 2009, replaced the Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA). TIEZA is tasked with the collection and allocation of travel taxes that once had to be settled either at a TIEZA office or at a dedicated queue at the airport, has now rolled out the Travel Tax Online Payment System.
Here is the procedure on paying Travel Tax online.
1. Go to the TIEZA website at TIEZA.gov.ph
2. From the TIEZA home page click on “click here” at the Philippine Travel Tax Payment System screen:
If the Philippine Travel Tax Payment System is not the screen displayed on the TIEZA home page, click The Travel Tax Tab, and Select “Pay Travel Tax”
3. Click on “Don’t have an account? Click Here” (assuming you are a first timer).
4. Fill out the member registration form.
5. When done filling out the registration form, click “ok” to confirm information or “Cancel” to change information.
6. Open the email address you provided and confirm your registration via the confirmation link that TIEZA will send you. If the email does not appear right away, wait a few seconds to a minute and refresh your browser. Should the confirmation email never arrived, there is will be a confirmation link to click on the TIEZA site.
Travel Tax Payment:
7. Once confirmed, click “Click Here to fill up Travel Tax Payment Form!” to bring up Travel Tax Payment Form.
8. Fill up Travel Tax Payment form and click “Confirm Application”
9. The online payment form will appear, fill up Online Payment for and click “confirm payment”
10. Your travel tax payment transactions will appear on the next screen under “Recent Travel Tax Application”, when a transaction has been fully completed, a “Print” button will appear next to it. Wait for the button to read “Print” and click the print button. This may take a few minutes. Refresh your browser every 10 seconds until the print button appears.
11. From the final screen you will be able to print your Travel Tax Payment Receipt. Print the receipt, and bring the printout with you to the airport on the day of your flight, to be presented with your other travel documents
Check this infographic below for the procedure.
For more information, call the TIEZA office at (02) 551 – 9533 for more information.